The Weekly Share
Welcome to The Weekly Share! Inspired by some of our favorite content creators we are going to end the week on a positive note– by sharing some of our favorite bookish happenings, links, recommendations and book deals from the week.
Julie Moody-Freeman’s two part interview with retired romance editor and founder of RWA Vivian Stephens on The Black Romance podcast is a must-listen for romance readers. It’s fascinating to hear her experiences with romance publishing in the 80s.
OprahMag.com created this great interactive guide to Black owned independent bookstores, I’ve already placed an order in at Loyalty !
Aiden Thomas’ Cemetery Boys debuted on the NYT Bestsellers list, making it the first fictional YA book by an openly trans author to hit the list. It has also been longlisted for the National Book Award,
Links & Reccomendations
When it comes to at-home workouts I want ones that are fun and never feel boring or repetitive. This week I thought I’d recommend four of my favorite at-home workouts – Kat
- Caleb Marshall’s Lady Gaga Stupid Love Dance Workout
- Pop Sugar’s 30 Minute Tabata with Ranier Pollard
- Madfit’s 15 Minute 90s Dance Party Workout
- Pop Sugar’s 30 Minute No Equipment Barre
I just discovered Target Threshold’s Wax Melts. They are affordable fire-safe ways to fill a room with fragrance plus they have a ton of dupe Bath and Body Works scents.
Looking for new podcasts? I’ve recently added Audibly Addicted and the Audiobook Lovin Podcast to my rotation of work from home podcast, both feature in-depth interviews and conversations with some of your favorite romance audiobook narrators. – Jess
Welcome to the inaugural The Weekly Share! Inspired by some of our favorite content creators we are going to end the week on a positive note– by sharing some of our favorite links, recommendations, book deals, and our favorite bookish news from the week.
- Frolic revealed the cover for When Tara met Farrah by Tara Pammi, the first in Pammi’s new Bollywood Drama & Dance romance series.
- Amazon Live hosted romance authors Meghan Quinn, Corrine Michaels, Clare Contreras and Melissa Foster. The recording is still available on their website.
- I haven’t accomplished much this quarantine, but apparently Channing Tatum spent it writing a children’s book for his daughter!
Links & Reccomendations
- I am drinking a lot more homemade coffee drinks and to spice things up I’ve been on the hunt for syrups and discovered Amoretti ! Their Crema Di Pumpkin taste just like Starbucks’ PSL. – Kat
- Attention bloggers, two sources I just discovered for free (free free) aesthetically pleasing images are Pexels.com and Unsplash.com. They beautify any content! – Jess
- Looking for a TV show with 100 + hours of entertainment? I’ve been watching NBC’s Chicago Fire, it’s an over-the-top action-packed drama that has somehow been on for nine years? Plus it’s free on IMDBtv – Jess