What is a book jar ? Well, it's a decorative way to help you get over a bookish slump or in my case a way to tear through your TBR pile
I originally saw this on Novel Days and the Book Jar idea has since made a splash on Booktube when MotherEffingBooks did it in April. The original idea comes from Alex In Leeds
All you need is a mason jar, strips of paper and a massive TBR pile. Write the name of your TBR books on the paper and place them in the jar. Whenever you need a book to read just shake up the jar and pull out a book.
For blog purposes Kat and I will choose a book from the jar and that will be our book to read for the month.
Glitter spray paint + Mason Jar. This one is leftover from decorations I made for a bridal shower.
Our TBR pile, doesn't look that bad. Right ?
Cut paper into strips and start writing.
All set. Can't wait to start pulling
- To Be Read Pile/Unread Books
- Scapbook Paper
- Mason Jar
- Krylon Glitter Blast Spray Paint, Silver (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
1. In a deep container or box spray your mason with the glitter paint. It can get messy so be sure to cover up any furniture. Apply two even coats and let it dry.
2. While your jar is drying, cut scrapbook paper into strips.
3. Grab a seat in front of your TBR pile and write down the title of each book, add the author if you would like.
4. Tie a ribbon around your jar and fill it with folded paper strips. Shake up the jar and start reading !