Hooray For Books, a children’s book store in Alexandria, VA, hosted a teen author panel with Jessica Spotswood (Born Wicked), Tiffany Trent (The Unnaturalists, Corsets and Clockwork) and Caitlin Kitteridge (The Iron Codex, Corsets and Clockwork). Here are some highlights from the event :
Jessica Spotswood, Born Wicked
- The YA book she’s most looking forward to is Bitterblue by Kirsten Cashore
- The next book in the Cahill Witch Chronicles is called Star Cursed
- Jessica used the Social Security Administration name databaseto find inspiration for peroid-era names for characters.
- The YA book she’s most looking forward to is Black Heart by Holly Black ! YAY !!
- The next book in the Iron Codex series is called The Mirrored Shard
- Counting her adult books, Caitlin has written 13 books !
- The YA book she’s most looking forward to is Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Trent helped choose the model on the cover of the book. Isn’t the cover is striking !
- Trent doesn’t like outlines, I guess she is a pantser
Jacklyn Dolomoere was in the audience and she drew this picture next to her short story in Corsets & Clockwork ! Her novel Magic Under Glass is 2.99 on Amazon Kindle.
The authors were funny and charming. We are excited for The Unnaturalists to come out. A review of Born Wicked will be up soon. Hopefully next time I’ll have a better grasp of using my camera phone!
1/2 of the blogging duo at Books and Sensibility, I have been blogging about and reviewing books since 2011. I read any and every genre, here on the blog I mostly review Fantasy, Adult Fiction, and Young Adult with a focus on audiobooks.