Jess and I were super excited to see the Spring Into The Future Tour come through our area. We had read/listened to these books and had no idea we'd ever get the chance to meet the authors. There were so many book bloggers in attendance and we even had the chance to briefly say hi to Sash of Sash and Em
Like idiots, we thought the event started at 12:30 when it really started at 3:30 so, we were 4 hours early ! We'd already driven 1 hour and a half to get to the store, so we walked to the waterfront, ate some seafood and browsed a nearby bookstore.
Once we arrived at the store, it got packed pretty quickly. We were lucky to get front row seats. As the event began the authors sipped on tea and let us in on all the inside of writing, publishing and their inspirations.They all had great chemisty and I felt like I could listen to them for hours. It was a great signing. Here are some highlights:
- Looking forward to reading Shatter Me and Under The Never Sky once she finishes The Eve trilogy
- She wanted to explore stength and how it relates to women in the Eve trilogy
- Best advice to writers: good criticism should feel like an arrow hitting it's mark
- Looking foward to reading Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore
- Cited "The Gift of Fear" as part of her research
- Best advice to writers : Read your work out loud
- Looking forward to reading Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- Was locked in a deprivation chamber as research for the character of Juliette
- Best advice to writers: It only takes one yes
They were all so patient with readers, talking to everyone and being so personable. Anna asked Jess's opinion on the audiobook narrator and when the found out we were bloggers they signed extra posters ! We'll be giving those away soon.